Why Dolls?

Saturday, June 12, 2010


I get a lot of e-mails asking about making other toys for the children. Although I love everyone’s ideas and the fact that you want to help, at the end of the day I usually end up saying …. Please try and make a dolly instead, it’s much easier than you think!



Why Dolls?

Well, I don’t encouraged people to make animal style toys because studies have found that children respond better to dolls rather than animals. A doll can help the child to project and feel comfortable within their own environment and within themselves.

Many organizations are much more receptive to dolls for their children for these reasons.

Here are a few sites about the use of dolls to help children through adverse situations:

Play Therapy
Play Therapy med artical
Dolls Help Children cope with Illness & Loss
Helping children cope with stress (death/loss etc)

Hope this helps to explain why I am so passionate about dolls for the kiddy-winks!


Dolls aren’t for Boys …… are they? 

I can assure you, boys love dolls! 


Especially those they can pretend are their heros, like their daddy, or a football or movie star for example. Read my post about boys and dolls here!

Have a wonderful week, and Happy Sewing!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP