Tuesday, August 2, 2016
As of 2016 I'm no longer hosting Doll Drives
- but please feel free to use my free doll pattern!
- Start your own Doll Drive
- & Support the Active Doll Drives Listed Here
It's been 6 years since I started Dolly Donations and after much debate I have decided to take a break from setting up large doll drives. It has been a fantastic journey. I've been overwhelmed by all of you, your kindness, dedication and support, and feel honored to have sewn dollies with you!
How do I start your own Dolly Donations Drive?
- First off, talk to your friends. You never know what connections are out there until you ask.
- Contact your local church group or organization that might be supporting children in need abroad.
- Know of an orphanage, woman's shelter, hospital, why not contact them?
- Are you or do you know somebody who is adopting a little one from overseas? Why not see if you can send some dollies along with them on their next trip?
- Why not drop some dolls off at a homeless, or battered women’s shelter?
- See if dolls would be a good gift to give to missionaries traveling overseas to distribute.
- Are your relatives in the armed forces? Some of the smaller patterns are ideal to give to them to hand out to local children to build trust and friendship in areas devastated by war and hardship.
- GAP Year Students, Traveling Doctors, Aid Workers, Missionaries …. If you know someone traveling overseas with a big heart and a bit of spare room in their luggage for a vacuumed pack group of dollies (they spring back to life once released from their plastic confines!), why not ask for their help?
- these are the perfect size for Operation Christmas Child Boxes!
Dolly Donations: Sending Love, 1 Dolly at a Time!
Hugs and Happy Sewing Everyone!