Everybody Deserves a Dolly!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010


My favorite dolly was a rag doll named Holly Hobby. I lost her on the train back from London (I’m originally from the UK) with my mother when I was 5. My mother called the station and before she knew it, Holly was on the next train back to us with a band aid (plaster) on her knee and a cute note from the staff. I was so happy to see her again, and glad that she would be feeling better now she was safely back with me after her adventure.

The wonderful thing about a Dolly is it lets a child’s imagination flow, whether they are a little boy or a little girl. With a dolly by their side, they are never lonely, they have someone to talk to, to hug and hold tight, and of course to play with!


Think how important your favorite dolly, stuffed toy, or blanky was to you ….. doesn’t it bring a lovely warm smile to your lips when you picture it ……… come on, I know it does!!!
Watching my daughter play, and remembering how important the comfort of a toy was, I have decided to embark on an exciting journey of crafting creation! Making Dollies for Donation!

I will be providing links to free doll patterns and uploading some fun free patterns of my own for others out there that want to join in the fun of making a Dolly for a child who would otherwise have nothing to call their own.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP