Free Small Doll Sewing Pattern for Operation Christmas Child Shoe Boxes

Friday, October 18, 2013

I've had the pleasure of working with lots of lovely ladies all around the world donating Dolls made with my original Dolly Donations Free Doll Pattern to Operation Christmas Child.  One thing we noticed was the 16inch 'huggable' size would have to be folded in half to fit in the shoe box and was taking up a lot of room.  SO please meet my Free Mini Dolly Donations doll patterns!!!

No re-sizing needed simply click and Download the New Mini Pattern HERE!

one of the MOPS boxes all packed but missing a dolly :(
The lovely Christine (USA) contacted me for help with filling 200 Operation Christmas Child Shoe boxes this year.  She's heading the Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) group who are donating and packing hundreds of supplies to fill 200 Shoe Boxes for children in need this Christmas..... all that is missing from this box  .... a warm snugly dolly to hug!




My lovely friend Karin From Australia is working with OCC this year too and had great fun sewing up the NEW Mini Doll Sewing Pattern for her boxes, and now you can too!!

"I am currently doing some volunteering at OCC - they insist that every box has "something to love" and it is the single thing that kids will refer to as their favourite bit of the box. I don't think I have to tell you about the power of dolly love!!!" Karin



If you would like to help please grab My Mini Dolly Donations Free Doll Sewing Pattern and sew up a few! They are quick, easy and use up all your scrap!  Plus it comes with both long skinny fold-able legs for a 10 inch (26cm) dolly (see the girl dolly) or small short legs to make a 8 inch (20cm dolly (see the boy doll)!!

Goal - 200 Dolls (boy and girl dollies please)

Skin Tone - Brown

End Date - November 6 2013

Address -

Christina Valle
TCC MOPS Fundraising Coordinator
11605 Terracita Lane SE. Albuquerque, NM 87123
USA

Update: If you live in another country OCC has AU, NZ, UK & CA websites too!! :)  
Feel free to fill a box and drop it off in your neck of the woods :) 


For those of you who own some of my Dolls And Daydreams Patterns my small dolls all fit perfectly into boxes too :)

Some of Karin's tiny tots for her OCC boxes this year.
Karin's favorites are Tiny Tot Dolls and my Big Boy Dino pattern reduced by 50% CUTE!
The lovely Karin who stitched up the dolly above has been donating to OCC too, and sent me these wonderful photos.

Karin reduced the Big Boy Dino down by 50% .. aww looks like Mummy & Baby!

She reduced my Big Boy Dino pattern by 50% , and simply sewed it up using the pattern as is with no seam allowance added.

Christmas is just around the corner!  
Let's make a little one smile!




14 comments:

Christina October 18, 2013 at 1:04 PM  

AWESOME post! Thank you so much, Sarah! As an update, a few ladies and I are going to get together this Saturday and see how many dolls we can make as well. There can never be too many, they will ALL go to use! Thank you in advance to everyone who participates and everyone who is involved with Dolly Donations and OCC! Blessings upon you!

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams October 18, 2013 at 1:11 PM  

My pleasure sweetie!!! Keeping my fingers crossed we can get them all in to you in time <3 xxxxx

Anonymous,  October 18, 2013 at 1:38 PM  

Wow!!! How awesome! I want to learn to swe just to make these dolls :-)

Anonymous,  October 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM  

I would like to sew some dolls, but what do I do once I have? Do I send them some where? Drop them off somewhere? Or donate them to some place near me of my choice? I live in Darwin...Kimberley

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams October 18, 2013 at 6:17 PM  

Hi kimberley, OCC has AU, NZ, UK & CA websites too!! :)
Feel free to fill a box and drop it off in your neck of the woods :) or check out the other Doll Drives on the 'Active Doll Drives' page in the top tab :) Hugs and happy sewing, Sarah xxxx

Kristy October 19, 2013 at 8:14 AM  

Love that you've added this freebie for this cause! Thank you! :)

Gina October 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM  

Thanks so much for offering your pattern! I've done the Christmas shoesboxes before and this is a great idea. I'll try to get some made and send.

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams October 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM  

Oh brilliant Gina :) I am so pleased :) xxxx

Kimberly November 2, 2013 at 5:59 PM  

I would like to make some dolls and drop off somewhere in Orange County, California. Can you help?

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams November 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM  

Hi Kimberly, Thanks so much for wanting to help! If you pop over to the OCC website they might have info on a drop off location in your area, hugs and happy sewing, Sarah xxxxx

Anonymous,  November 7, 2013 at 8:26 AM  

I am so glad you posted the small doll pattern. I've been looking online everywhere to make these for shoeboxes!!! THANKS!!!!

cherie January 15, 2014 at 7:24 PM  

Thanks for the free patterns! I love making dolls to give away and it's a great way to use up scraps. The really small scraps get cut up into "shred" and combined with polyfil for stuffing.

FYI: The link for tiny tot dolls goes to a blank page.

Anonymous,  February 10, 2014 at 8:56 PM  

Hi thanks so much for the pattern, I have made similar dolls in the past from books but they are a bit big and take up a lot of room so this one is great, I will take my sample to the OCC volunteers conference to be held in Taupo in March, amybe we can get a dolly drive going in New Zealand

Anonymous,  November 13, 2016 at 7:55 PM  

Hi Sarah...What a great idea to make these dolls for the shoeboxes. I love it & I love looking at the children's smiles.

Post a Comment



I ♥ comments and try to reply to all of them!


Thanks so much for stopping by & Happy Sewing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP