Joyce’s Beautiful Doll – A Story of Love and Adoption.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010


One of the things I love about setting up Dolly Donations is that I have been privileged to meet such kind and compassionate women from all over the world.

Thanks so much to all of you for getting in touch with me and sharing your stories! (I respond to every e-mail I receive.)

-----------

Joyce’s Story – Her very special doll.

Hello Sarah,

I sent a doll for your project this past Thursday ........ This is a very special doll that I made several years ago. She is a Waldorf doll …… I made her dress and pinafore from scraps of polished cotton. Her sweater is made from one of my old Shetland wool sweaters that shrunk with handmade felt flowers. She has been sitting in my sewing room up on a cabinet watching over me and when I heard of your project to send dolls to the orphanage I decided that she should be in the hands of a young child who will love her dearly instead of a doll that sits on a shelf.

My three children all came from an orphanage in South Korea when they were less than six months old and each received a Waldorf doll that were well loved and patched back together when the dog got ahold of them or they just started to wear out. They are all now my little guardian angels sitting in my sewing room waiting for grandchildren to someday come along into their lives.

……… I was so inspired by your dedication to bring happiness to children living in a world none of us can ever imagine that I decided to send this doll to be loved by a child.

Thank you again for your generosity and abundant love of children and their needs.

Sincerely,  Joyce   (Portland, Oregon)

-----------

Thank You Joyce for letting me share your beautiful story and dolly with the DD Community!

Thanks everyone, you are all truly inspiring! 

Happy Sewing!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP