Doll House Toy Review!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010



As you know I was asked to do a toy review from csn stores. And what better toy than a doll house!

This is a Melissa and Doug Fold & Go Traveling Dolls House. The thing I love about this doll house is that it is handmade beautifully out of wood here in the US. I love handmade toys for children; I can almost feel how much love and attention was poured into them by their creator. The house is larger than I thought and very sweet, pretty and pink with such a cute roof but I thought it a shame that the inside wasn’t panted also.


The wooden furniture is all well constructed. I did find it odd that only some had details added – the taps are present on the sink but not on the tub …… the TV has all the bells and whistles added but the stove is void of any detail at all! Perhaps I am just being picky but I’m all about consistency in the details …..


The dolls themselves didn’t appeal to me (for ages 3+). I thought it a shame there were only 2. I would have preferred simple peg dolls, and at least a family of 3, that extra 1 doll to represent a little baba would have been perfect!

As you can see my daughter really wanted to get in it herself!!


One of the most appealing aspects of this doll house to me as a parent was that it was a ‘travel doll house’. How wonderful, I would have loved to have been able to take my doll house everywhere as a child. So I just loved the fact it has a handle! It makes it very easy to move from room to room, but don’t expect your child to do it. It’s pretty heavy. And due to their not being a latch there is no way of keeping the wooden furniture inside unless you have both handles shut at all times ….. so if this baby’s going in the car, put it in a box first! Personally I think that this defeats its purpose of being a travel doll house.

All in all I think it is a very sweet doll house that is well constructed and I’d like to thank CSN stores for giving me the opportunity to review one of their fabulous toys!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP