My Creative Space!

Monday, March 8, 2010


I've been meaning to post this for a while......... I see a lot of beautiful craft and sewing rooms on blogs, all the fabric organized, their tools of trade hidden away in some clever designer storage bin with all the furniture color coordinated …. And I drool!!

My sewing space just doesn’t fit into my art studio anymore! As you can see it’s taking over my whole house!!!  My sewing station is in fact my dining room table.


My limb stuffing station is my comfy chair, all my doll face painting happens on my kitchen table and ……


…. This used to be my entryway living room!

I’m a one woman production line! Hahahaha

4 comments:

Pippa March 8, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

I love the photos of your work spaces. I too drool over gorgeous work areas and "storage solutions" pages of catalogues. My sewing is all done at the dining table which means it has to be tidied up before mealtimes. I seem to incorporate pots of buttons and sewing tools in amongst my ornaments and favourite kitchenware (I'm a sucker for Emma Bridgewater pottery!), but I like it like that. Houses can be too neat and perfect and I think it's lovely when I visit someone's house and can see their interests and hobbies spilling out into everyday life, why should it be all hidden away anyway!

A.Rhodes March 8, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

Om my goodness Sarah, it looks like my house! My husband keeps asking me if our dining room table is my new sewing table!

Sarah March 8, 2010 at 12:44 PM  

I have no shame showing off my untidy home when it’s for such a good cause! But it will be nice to have somewhere to eat again once I pack all my dollies up next week ;)

Eileen Peat,  March 9, 2010 at 3:42 AM  

Sarah, I have found that you can not be creative and tidy at the same time, the two don't mix. A few years ago we downsized to a bungalow and since then I have'nt painted or done anything creative because everything has to be tidied away through lack of space....until now of course as I'm attempting to make some dollies. The kitchen table is where I work and I'm refusing to put everything away as it interupts the creative flow,ha! ha!, so we are eating our meals on our laps for now as the kitchen also doubles as a dining room. I love reading your blogs, keep them coming. x

Post a Comment



I ♥ comments and try to reply to all of them!


Thanks so much for stopping by & Happy Sewing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP