Something to Brighten Up the Haiti Orphanage: A Dolly Mural!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010


I thought I would surprise the orphanage with a Hanging Haiti ‘We Love You!’ (On Vous Aime) Dolly Mural! Being an artist I couldn’t imagine my home without paintings on the walls to brighten up the place …. make it cozy …. make it mine. But canvas and paint can be so easily damaged. I wanted to give the orphanage something that could be taken with them if they ever had to move … something I could make from what I had in my home…..

Now I’m a real newbie when it comes to fabric murals, my weapon of choice is a paintbrush so please, be gentle with me!


I take my hat off to all the quilters out there…. This is soooo much harder than it looks! If you haven’t tried this kind of thing before, you should, its fabulous fun! You can make things 3d (like my trees and dollies!) and add texture ooowww I enjoyed it, but boy did I learn a lot of what NOT to do!!! (and no, I didn’t have a book or pattern to follow…. Silly Sarah!)


So with that said I have decided not to kid myself and write a tutorial on how I made this, because I’d never make it this way again! Talk about taking the long way round! If I have some time, I will make a mini hanging (it has fabric loops along the top!)  Haiti mural and I promise to do a tutorial with that one :) – minus my mistakes!

I signed it from us all in the Dolly Donations community! As I keep saying, I couldn’t do this alone! So thank you all for making this possible!


Hope you like my first ever fabric hanging Dolly Mural!

Happy Sewing!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP