28 dollies to Solace Women's Aid and The Cardinal Hume Center

Saturday, January 7, 2012


I hope everyone had a very Happy New Year!  And what a way to start it off!  The wonderful Karen made 28 dollies to donate.  She sent them off to Solace Women's Aid and The Cardinal Hume Center.


"I have had a wonderful response from both charities but mostly from Solace. They even asked that I make more, so that each of there 16 refuges could have one and be used during therapy sessions for children who have experienced domestic violence. They are going to name them and send me photos at a later date. It is so rewarding to know that they will be used in such a beneficial way."



It's absolutely wonderful news Karen! Thank you so much for all your hard dolly making work! I can't get over how much beautiful detail you put into each one.  The appliques on their tummies are simply adorable!

  • Have you been making dollies for a charity and would like to share your own Dolly Donations Story, just send me an e-mail!
  • Are you planning a doll or stuffed toy drive? Let me know and I'll get the word out!

Take care everyone and Happy Sewing!




Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP