Dolls for Haiti: Teaching Teens to Sew

Wednesday, November 9, 2011


I received a wonderful e-mail from Dorothy (USA) who came up with a fabulous plan to teach teenagers how to sew for a good cause ….. a very good cause!



“A group of ladies got together today and we made dollies for the Haitian Orphanage our church supports AND taught 3 early teens how to sew! What a blessing your inspiration has been to so many!”

You can see from the photos how much fun everyone is having!



What a brilliant idea Dorothy and well done to everyone who took part!


I think this dolly might be saying "Hooray for Sewing!"

I am sure they will all be well loved with their new best friends in Haiti!

Thanks so much & Happy Sewing!



4 comments:

joyce matula welch November 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM  

This is such a good idea and I love the dolls!

•♥ Ally ♥• November 28, 2011 at 2:17 PM  

more and more beautiful your dolls Sarah. Congratulations for the great job and all the people that you can get involved. I hope your project will enlarge even more.

Sue August 21, 2012 at 12:22 AM  

Thanks for your lovely website. I have a friend from Liberia who now lives in Australia. Liberia is also a very poor country and I am inspired to make and send dolls. I currently send bras as the women purchase rice for their children and nothing for themselves. They are so happy when another box of bras arrives.

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams August 21, 2012 at 7:28 AM  

That's wonderful Sue :) I am so pleased you are able to help too and what a great idea! xxx

Post a Comment



I ♥ comments and try to reply to all of them!


Thanks so much for stopping by & Happy Sewing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP