June (Part 1) Newsletter

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thank you to Sian for her beautiful dolly photo!

Wow, I have so much to tell you already and we’re only half way through the month!

First of all, thank you to everyone who has already sent their dollies in! Wow how speedy are you!  I received this lovely message from Dee at Free The Kids and wanted to share it with you all,

“I'm receiving the most beautiful Dollies! Thank you so much, the children will love them!”

How fantastic! We don’t have a count yet as they are be collected at the local church, but as soon as they start piling up Dee has promised to get a count out to us. And remember, any extra dollies will find very loving homes with the local children who have nothing to call their own.


Look at Sian’s dolly’s shoes! She used our Dolly Donations free pattern and took it a step further with those adorable punches as shoe lace holes! So cute, so clever!

Tax Receipt Form

Ok just looking at my e-mail box & I realize I have managed to confuse a lot of people! Sorry! I keep getting questions about what is a tax receipt form  …. Well it is a simple form you can print out and fill in if you wish as your dolly is tax deductible (it’s considered a charitable donation) in the US. I have no idea about taxes related to other countries, sorry! At the end of the day you don’t have to have one when you send the dolls in, promise!
And here it is  Link to PDF tax receipt.




Connecting Crafty Women From Around the World!

I’ve always thought word of mouth was a powerful thing, a good recommendation goes a long way. But I am blown away by how far the internet reaches. I have been lucky to meet (in a virtual reality kinda of way) a lot of very craft compassionate women from Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, Gibraltar, UK and Germany. And now I am very happy to say that Keren has found us and sent in 2 beautiful dollies. She lives in Israel. Wow, the internet it truly amazing! Thank you Keren, they are fabulous!



Free Crochet Doll Pattern!

Thank you to Sharon who wrote to tell me about this free adorable 7inch crochet doll   and how easily the ‘dress pattern can be changed to pants after the 2nd row.’ She has been making them to send to troops to give to children they meet overseas.

They are quick and easy to make, and small enough to squich a handful of them into a pocket when you're traveling …. But boy do they produce a big smile on a kiddy-winks face!



In The Press!

Yes it’s true! Dolly Donations had an interview by the ever so Green Website, My Zero Waste! We just love to recycle out scrap fabric into something loveable and cuddly ;) You can read the entire interview here :)

Children's Toy Review

I’m excited to tell you that I have been asked to do a product review by CSN Stores. As Dolly Donations is all about handmade dolls for children in need, what better product to review, than something doll related! It’s handmade here in the US…..  made of wood … I wonder if you’ll be able to guess what it is?



Love That Button Award!

Want to know more about how I made my Dolly Donations button and why? Well head over to 12 Crafts Before Christmas as the lovely Elizabeth just gave me a ‘Love that Button Award!’

“I like her button because it's message and purpose is clear. Then after I heard the story behind how the button came to be, I liked it even more. Amazing . . . read on to find out more.”

Thanks so much Elizabeth!

I have always dreamed of being able to do dolly drives for other orphanages around the world …… South America, China, Africa and India spring to mind …..

I’ll leave you with a preview of my button for when I find an orphanage in India to work with …. Cute no?!

Have a Wonderful Weekend & Happy Sewing!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP