The Abundant Ground Dolly Drive 2010 is Complete: Fantastic News and Photos!

Friday, June 4, 2010



In February 2010 the president, Stephanie Victor, of The Abundant Ground Foundation and I set in motion a dream, to provide each of their 181 orphaned children in Haiti with their very own doll.

With the help of every one of you, we not only made this happen, but we blew past our target and managed to collect 584 dolls! All the extra dolls are being handed out to the local children who have nothing to call their own.

After a long road filled with hold ups, customs problems, and general frustration in a country still reeling from January’s devastating earthquake, the amazing commitment and perseverance of those at The Abundant Ground Foundation has finally paid off and the dolls have reached the children. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Words cannot describe how happy I am. Thank you to everyone that has taken part in this Dolly Drive, and to those that are taking part in our current Dolly Drive!

You see dreams really can come true and your dolly counts!



The head of the orphanage starts handing out dolls.
 
Click on the photos to enlarge them!
 
9 boxes of dolls to give out to the boys and girls!
 
 
Letters of hope are attached to each doll with a ribbon
 
 
The excitement sets in!
 
 
Lots of happy girls!
 
 
.......And happy boys too!!
 
 
Lots of playing!
 
 
Lots of sharing!
 
 
And lots and lots of happiness!
 
 
Overwhelmed little faces that melt your heart!
 
 
THANK YOU!
 

16 comments:

Sian June 4, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

I've just spotted one of my dolls in the photo :) :) A wonderful day.

Sarah June 4, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

I'm so glad Sian! I haven't stopped smiling since I received the photos late last night! I'm off to e-mail my friends and family the good news :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Diane June 4, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

how wonderful to get these pictures!! I am speechless!!

Pippa June 4, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

Oh Sarah, those photos are just so uplifting. I too have just spotted one of my little dolls and I'm sitting here with tears down my face. Thank you so much. xxxx

Anonymous,  June 4, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

Thank you for this Sarah, it really is a dream come true.

I will also send out an e-mail to my friends with links to your post and help spread the word for the current drive,

God Bless,

Jackie

Vee June 4, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

Sarah,
I'm crying as I write this ... Oh, my ... So sweet ... Thank you so much for sharing the pictures. I even saw one of the dolls I sent.

Thank you so much for organizing this ... I wrote about this at Paper Dali.

Good Lord. I'm crying from emotion and need to get a tissue.

Peace ...

Sarah June 4, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

It is my pleasure!

Tissues all round!

Thank you everyone, I really couldn’t have done this without you all!

Jennie June 4, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

Wow - what a post Sarah!
Its so wonderful to see these photos!
Well done you, for doing such an amazing thing, bringing everyone together to make these kids smile - and us cry!!!xxxx

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts June 4, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

It's amazing to see these photos. I finally posted about the dolly sewing party we did in April. You can check it out at http://twelvecraftstillchristmas.blogspot.com/2010/06/great-summer-service-project-for-kids.html

Sorry it took soooooo long Sarah!!!!!!

Poppy June 4, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

This is wonderful, so glad to see they are getting the joy out of them we were hoping for.

Cotton Kiwi June 5, 2010 at 3:04 AM  

Lovely Sarah. And great to see the little boys enjoying their dolls to and the games they were making up with the dolls. Fantastic.I'll try and get a few more dolly makers for you at our craft market tomorrow.

Eileen Peat,  June 6, 2010 at 5:48 AM  

Thank you soooo much for sharing these wonderful pictures with us....seeing them made my day.x

FeltLikeStitchin June 9, 2010 at 6:13 AM  

These pictures are amazing, it's wonderful to see the dollies finding happy new owners:) This is the inspiration we all need to get busy stitching the next batch!

Eve June 15, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

Hello Sarah! Thank you for visiting my blog. Eveshouse.blogspot.com
I've written a post about your wonderful site and mission. Would it be possible for me to use one of your pictures for my post (the one of the head of the orphanage handing out the dolls to the children?) Please let me know :D Thank you.

Sarah June 16, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

I’m sorry Eve, but they belong to The Abundant Ground Foundation, however, please feel free to use any of the photos of my dolls which I have posted, e.g. the ones related to the free doll patterns etc
Thanks so much for the lovely article! Happy Sewing, Sarah

CK November 17, 2010 at 5:12 PM  

These photos are A-MAZING!!!!

Post a Comment



I ♥ comments and try to reply to all of them!


Thanks so much for stopping by & Happy Sewing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP