How to Sew Yarn Hair onto Your Doll

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

( Source )

By popular request!!! So you want a change from the simple quick and easy felt hair for your next doll…..

No problem! I found these two very informative tutorials which show you how to add yarn hair to your rag doll. Wool hair would be great for both boy and girl dolls. Remember to make sure the hair is securely attached especially when using the first method as we have no way of knowing how old the dolly’s new owner will be ;)

The fist method is used for making Waldorf doll hair by Mieke on their fab blog Crafty Sheep.

She uses a CD case for the length of ‘hair’ needed, you will need less for our little doll heads …. But then again, if it’s a girl dolly you can always braid them, and for a boy … well that’s what scissors are for ;)

A Waldorf Doll Hair Tutorial

The second tutorial is for knotting yarn directly on to your dolls head, your typical Raggedy Ann and Andy doll’s hair styles by Susan Kramer.

( Source )


How to Knot on Yarn Doll Wigs Tutorial

Have fun experimenting! And Happy Sewing!




4 comments:

Melissa May 13, 2010 at 5:02 AM  

Thanks for the tuts!!

Dee August 28, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

I just want to thank you for the dolly pattern. My church has a mission in Romania and I am making about 50 of the dolls for the orphanage and village. I'm about half way through them. I will send a pic when they are done. I have made doll shoes-tennis shoes and mary janes.
God bless you in all you do, Dee Burris

Anonymous,  June 25, 2012 at 11:56 AM  

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HAIR POST. My grandson saw his Daddy's boy doll his Grandma made for him 40 years ago. He asked if I could make him one I agreed and together we planned what he'd look like. He wanted red yarn hair - and so my search for the best way to make it look good and attch it began - finally I found this and am I glad I did - thank you again.
Donna :-)

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams June 25, 2012 at 12:04 PM  

My pleasure Donna, I am sure your grandson will love his new best friend :) xxx

Post a Comment



I ♥ comments and try to reply to all of them!


Thanks so much for stopping by & Happy Sewing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP