How to solve the ‘girly fabric’ dilemma when making boy dolls.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010


So you have a lot of ‘girly fabric’ scraps left over from past projects and you can’t bring yourself to make a boy dolly out of them……

Think Hawaii! Think Don Johnson, Elvis, and Magnum!

Pair them with a neutral color set of trousers/pants and you’ll be surprised at how masculine they will look.

(Source: Don Elvis Magnum)

If these men can pull off pastels and flowers, your dolls can too!

Happy Sewing!

4 comments:

Vee March 2, 2010 at 8:04 AM  

OK, now I'm wishing I had made a guy doll, too. LOL Oh, well. But I did make a few. Here's a picture before they head on out: http://paperdali.blogspot.com/2010/03/craft-for-charity-dolly-drive-for.html

Sarah March 2, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

Oh Vee they are beautiful! Could you send me the photo via my e-mail or add it to our flickr group so I can use it in a post this week!
…… and you know, it’s never too late to make a boy dolly ;) hehehe I bet he’d look very handsome in that fabric ;)

Melinda March 2, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

Ha! I have definitely been doing this with my boy dolls, but it probably helps that my husband has an affinity for the Hawaiian shirts. I told him I was making him into Haitian boys!

Sarah March 2, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

That's brilliant Melinda ... hahaha... and I can't wait to show everyone those cute little shirts!!! (You know I keep telling my hubby he looks fabulous in a pink!.....but.... he's set in his ways!)

Post a Comment



I ♥ comments and try to reply to all of them!


Thanks so much for stopping by & Happy Sewing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP